Facing the challenges of today for a better tomorrow
As a long-time community volunteer, I was honored to be elected to the City Council eight years ago and to follow in the footsteps of "citizen leaders" who have given so much to our community. Since my first election, I have been a hard-working champion dedicated to sustaining and enhancing Walnut Creek’s unmatched quality of life.
While we have accomplished a lot together in recent years, we still face many challenges. As a proven leader, I am committed to working with the community to tackle these challenges head-on in order to assure the brightest future for Walnut Creek.
I am grateful to have served as Mayor and Councilmember and am honored to be able to continue to work for the community we all love.
A short list of my strategic priorities follows this letter.
- ASSURE the City's long-term fiscal health while SUSTAINING our quality of life.
As Mayor, spearheaded 2011 Fiscal Health Task Force.
- INVEST to ensure a continued safe community.
- STRENGTHEN the local business climate while carefully managing growth and enhancing the traditional downtown.
- WORK for our families and children.
Through non-profit board, helped raise private funds to complete new All Abilities Playground at Heather Farm Park.
- PROTECT our open space hills and the environment.
- EXPAND local volunteerism and public-private partnerships.
Founder, co-chair of Walnut Creek Community Service Day, now in 4th year.
- ENGAGE with residents.
Initiated Saturday Spotlight, Farmers Market outreach booths.
City Council Appoints Silva
& Carlston; Cancels Election
At a special Aug. 21 meeting, the City Council officially cancelled the November election and appointed Cindy and Rich Carlston to the Council for 2015-18.
Read more . . .
Kick-off Event a Success
More than 150 community members kicked off the Cindy Silva Re-Election Campaign on June 23.
See the photos . . .